We are now looking for YOU – a motivated, self driven professional with a can-do attitude, flexible mindset, curious about how things work.
- Prepare the “big data” infrastructure to be analyzed by Data Scientists
- Design, build, integrate large amounts of data from various resources, and manage big data
- Write complex queries, make sure it is easily accessible, works smoothly, with the end goal of optimizing the performance of the company’s big data ecosystem
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition and recommend ways to
improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Develop ETL pipelines on top of large datasets and create data warehouses that can be used for reporting or analysis
- Work in close cooperation with Data Scientists on machine learning projects by providing help in data preparation and data set handling
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering Discipline, or Computer Engineering
- Understanding of efficient algorithms and data structures & understanding of the operation of databases and the structures underlying them
- Proficiency with UNIX / Linux based environments
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem particularly HDFS, Spark, Hive, Hbase
- Good knowledge of shell scripting
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Python
- Experience with cloud platforms, in particular, Amazon Web Services
- Preferred knowledge of Java / Scala
- Good understanding of SQL RDBMS and NoSQL Non Relational databases
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with attention to detail and working within tight deadlines
What do we offer?
- Great employee experience at GemSeek where the working week starts with a fruitful breakfast and hot coffee
- Exciting opportunity to contribute to prestigious international projects
- Chance for knowledge and career growth
- A gateway to a great and enthusiastic team with inspiring management
- Rewarding pay
Become a part of our team! Looking forward to seeing you among us!
GemSeek takes your privacy seriously and as a company, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Read our detailed GDPR policy.