in staff engagement
in time spent on CX program management
The business problem
Understanding and working towards exceptional patient (PX) and customer experience is key for healthcare and wellness providers. PX platforms and programs provide for understanding the complexity of the relationship between patients and caregivers.
Improvement initiatives have significant positive impact on clinical outcomes, staff satisfaction, referral rates and loyalty. Our client, one of the largest healthcare providers in Europe, had a fragmented and semi-automated patient and customer experience program. This resulted in lack of actionability, piecemeal improvements and disengagement. The management was looking for a stronger proof of the CX and PX program’s return on investment.
We revamped the existing customer and patient experience program based on our cloud platform and advanced analytics products, which allowed our client to get a complete real-time view of results, close the loop easily within 48 hours, engage staff and prioritize actions that matter.
After successfully mapping the customer’s business structure, we fully deployed the platform to over 130 hospitals, clinics and wellness locations. Mirroring the client’s complex organisational structure, we deployed short touchpoint surveys, designed custom reports and text analytics dashboards for all units, locations and business lines. Our team organised trainings with key users on hw to track progress, take action and prioritise improvement activities to achieve significant business impact.
The current setup allows executives across business lines, locations and functions to get actionable information in accordance with their responsibilities and quickly implement improvements or changes that lead to increase in customer and patient satisfaction.
Our client also took advantage of our advanced professional services package which includes ongoing support, consulting and advanced analytics. We used our proprietary AI algorithms to identify the most important steps of the customer journey, to calculate the ROI of different improvement initiatives and to increase the self- paid episodes.
Key Project Success Metrics
- Over 120 impactful improvement initiatives successfully completed.
- +1.3 mil surveys sent per year and over 10% response rate (non-incentivized).
- Over 7,000 automatic cases per year triggered: less workload by staff required by gathering complaints from all channels into one place.
- 40,000 direct patient and customer comments categorized in 9 topics with drill down menus for granular level data.
- 30% increase in staff engagement.
- 7% growth in self-paid episodes +5% increase in NPS YoY.
- 60% decrease in time spent on CX program management. .
- About Company: Hospital & Wellnes Centre Chain
- Industry: Healthcare & Wellness
- Company Size: 5000 – 10000
- Location: United Kingdrom
- GemSeek Capabilities: Patient Experience, Advanced Analytics, Market Research